Bangladesh University of Engineering (BUET) Admission Circular 2021-2022. BUET Admission Notice 2022 has been published on the admission website ugadmission.buet.ac.bd. Today we will discuss all the issues in the light of BUET Admission Circular.
BUET admission Circular 2022 has been published!
BUET Admission Circular 2021-2022
Applications are being invited for admission in 2021-2022 academic year in the undergraduate classes in various departments of Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Architecture and Planning faculties of Bangladesh University of Engineering.
|Application start: 17 April 2022|
Last date: 25 April 2022
Last date for payment fee: 28 April 2022
Eligible candidates list for Pre-test: 14 May 2022
Pre-election examination: 04 June 2022
Eligible candidates List for the main admission test: 11 June 2022
Original Admission Test (Written): 16 June 2022
Application fee: 1000/- TK
Application link: ugadmission.buet.ac.bd
The first 20,000 applicants will take the pre-selection test based on the results of the secondary examination in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. A total of 100 marks will be held in MCQ system and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|04 June 2022||Shift 1||A and B groups||10am to 11am|
|Shift 2||A and B groups||3pm to 4pm|
Pre-selection exam subjects and syllabus
|Group A: Engineering Departments and Urban and Regional Planning Departments|
Group B: Engineering Departments, Urban and Regional Planning Departments and Architecture Departments
|Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry||Short syllabus for 2021 Higher Secondary|
|Group A and Group B.||Question number||Full Marks||Time|
Final admission test
The first 6,000 candidates will be able to take part in the final admission test based on the results of the pre-selection test. There will be no MCQ questions in the main admission test and all the questions will be in the conventional written system.
Topics and syllabus
|Group A: Engineering Departments and Urban and Regional Planning Departments||Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry||Short syllabus for 2021 Higher Secondary|
|Group B: Engineering Departments, Urban, and Regional Planning Departments, and Architecture Departments||Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry||Short syllabus for 2021 Higher Secondary|
|Freehand drawing and visual and spatial intelligence||Open|
Question type and number format
|Module||Group A||Group B||Question number||Full Marks||Time|
|B||_||Freehand drawing||3||250||90 minutes|
|Vision and spatial intelligence||4|
1) In the main admission test, all the questions and evaluation of each subject of Module A and Module B will be done in the conventional manner.
2) The value of each question in module A is 10. The value of each question related to free drawing of module B is 80, the value of each question related to visual and spatial intelligence is 10.
3) Only pens, pencils, English, sharpeners and calculators as per appendix-A can be used during the admission test.
4) Any type of electronic and telecommunication device including mobile phone and watch phone, geometry box, pencil box, scale, set-square, compass and any kind of bag cannot be brought in the examination room.
5) Sample questions on all subjects can be found on the University website.
|a||Engineering Departments and Urban and Regional Planning Departments||Rs.1000 / – (Preliminary + Final Application)|
|B||Departments of Engineering, Departments of Urban and Regional Planning and Departments of Architecture||1200 / – (Preliminary + Final Application)|
Minimum eligibility for application
- SSC: The applicant has to pass with a minimum GPA of 4.00 on a scale of 5.00 in grade system from any Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Baird / Madrasa Education Baird / Technical Education Baird in Bangladesh.
- HSC: Candidates should have obtained 270 marks out of 300 marks in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry from any Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Baird / Madrasa Education Baird / Technical Education Baird in Bangladesh and pass at least in Higher Secondary / Alim / Equivalent examination or equivalent examination from Foreign Education Baird. Must get equivalent grade and pass.
- However, the first 20,000 applicants will be given the opportunity to participate in the preliminary admission test.
Division and number of seats
|Name of the department||Number of seats|
|Department of Chemical Engineering||120|
|Department of Materials and Metallurgy||60|
|Department of Civil Engineering||195|
|Department of Water Resources Engineering||30|
|Department of Mechanical Engineering||180|
|Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering||55|
|Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering||30|
|Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering||195|
|Department of Computer Science and Engineering||120|
|Department of Biomedical Engineering||30|
|Department of Architecture||55|
|Urban and Regional Planning Department||30|
|Total number of seats||1275|
BUET Admission Circular 2022
Rules for applying BUET admission
Requisite admission information for the Bangladesh University of Engineering and technology can be found on the University’s website (www.buet.ac.bd). The online application form has to be duly filled out and submitted as per the instructions given on the website, after submitting an Application Serial No. Will be paid and later the application and admission test fee will have to be submitted against this number via SureCash / Rocket / Bkash via SMS via mobile.